VoIP transitions are the latest development in communication technology. They are way faster and the quality is top notch. Many enterprises are shifting to VoIP Transition, but some have such vast PSTN networks that it is difficult to shift to VoIP. That is where an Enterprise SIP trunk comes into play. SIP Trunk Providers help convert PSTN networks to VoIP using enterprise trunking. This is a very sophisticated method, but with the help of this, with very little infrastructure costs, you can have the quality of VoIP and quantity of PSTN together.
The Role of SIP Trunking:
- SIP or Session Initiation Protocol trunking is a very popular method that facilitates Voice over Internet Protocol. This technology offers the enterprises many advantages over regular systems.
- The costs are drastically reduced as you don’t need to set up an entire VoIP network for your enterprise. You can just use SIP Trunking method to implement VoIP on your existing network.
- The architecture of SIP Trunking is very scalable. It easily fits all your needs. No matter the type of the network, SIP Trunking can be implemented in any of the traditional PSTNs or new versions.
- SIP Trunking has a really high reliability. There are very few call drops and with the power of VoIP, SIP Trunking can actually improve the quality of call exceptionally. Therefore, the message that you want to convey gets conveyed easily.
Advantages of SIP Trunking:
SIP trunking has many advantages and the key ones are mentioned here.
- Reduced Setup and Installation Costs:
SIP Trunk requires only a reliable network path, which has IP, to the telephony system of the customer. No other infrastructure is required for SIP Trunking. You obviously don’t need a dedicated line for data. Due to all the flexibility and simplicity, SIP trunks allow providers to significantly lower the costs of setting up SIP Trunking and all the saving is then passed on to their customers.
- No Additional Equipment Needed for Upgradation of SIP Trunks:
If your organization has a good enough bandwidth, you can easily add additional SIP trunks within your company. Most of the telephony systems or PSTNs can have more than one SIP trunk, which clearly means that the customers can implement many SIP trunks for serving different services or departments.
- Easy Setup of Backup Links over Any Kind of Internet Connection:
In case the primary SIP link fails for some reason, any internet connection that is stable can be used for registering the SIP trunk. The only requirement is whether the internet connection is stable. However, the connection would not be full line capacity as bandwidth would be restricted. This won’t work full time, but it is a great backup for emergencies.
With these advantages, SIP trunking is one of the best ways to enhance VoIP and enable a smooth transaction via VoIP and your traditional PSTN. Therefore, they save you ton of money and they are highly reliable and scalable. SIP Trunking is the best alternative to completely revamp your telephony network.